What is Ergonomics?
Ergonomics is the science which has its focus on the “match” between people and their work environment. It puts people’s welfare first, taking account of their capabilities and limitations within the workplace.
The goal of ergonomics is to ensure that work tasks, equipment used, information and the environment suit each worker in order to maintain health and safety standards.
What We Offer
We offer individual in-house ergonomic workstation assessments to comply with the latest Health and Safety Regulations. The individualised ergonomic workstation assessment & report will include:
- Working height Assessment
- Neck and seat postures
- Correct viewing distance to monitor
- Computer displays settings (recommendations on preventing and improving visual strain) monitor positioning, viewing angle, lighting conditions
- Evaluation of room to operate and manipulate work equipment (e.g. clearances for writing, typing and other user specific tasks)
- Sitting at work (including ergonomically sound adjustments of seats and recommendation on use or equipment such as seat cushions and lumbar supports)
- Recommendations on use of ergonomic equipment (if required)
- Recommendations on general workstation layout
- Recommendations on lighting, illumination, positioning of workstation, room layout, optimum positioning of work equipment in multi-user offices, work flow optimization.