Are you suffering from foot, hip, back or lower limb pain and don’t know why? Here are a few facts about feet that you may not know…
- When you are running, the pressure on your feet can be up to three times your body weight. Even walking can produce more pressure than the sum of your body weight.
- The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day? That adds up to about 115,000 miles in a lifetime or more than four times around the world. That is a lot of walking with ill-fitting shoes or painful feet!!
- More than 70% of people in Ireland will have painful foot problems at some point in their life – but don’t forget foot pain is not normal!
- Women have four times as many foot problems as men because they have a long history of wearing high heels and/or pointy toed shoes. What we do for fashion!
- In some cases foot ailments can be an early signal of more serious medical problems like arthritis or diabetes.
We can do a lot of damage to the rest of our body if we don’t look after our feet. If you are suffering from back pain, lower limb pain, balance or foot problems, ensure that your shoes are giving your feet the support they need or perhaps there could be an underlying biomechanical imbalance? Our Physio’s treat a wide range of foot conditions and will conduct a biomechanic assessment on the individual patient to determine the cause of the condition and suitable course of treatment. For information on the range of foot conditions treated by our Chartered Physiotherapists trained in biomechanics, click here