We are delighted to announce that we will be running clinical Pilates classes from the Fringe Lab in Dublin starting on February 19th.
What is Clinical Pilates?
Clinical Pilates is a branch of exercise which focuses on core stability, posture, control, strengthening, flexibility and also breathing. Core strength refers to the deep muscles of the abdomen and back functioning together to provide more strength to the body and also support to the spine. Clinical Pilates is regularly used in unison with physiotherapy in order to treat a number of conditions such as injuries of the the neck and back.
Some of the Benefits of Pilates Include:
- Adaptable to varying fitness levels and requirements.
- Creates Strength but not bulk.
- Increases Flexibility.
- Promotes Leaner Muscle and Tones Muscles.
- Increases Energy .
- Improves Posture
- Prevention of injuries
- Aiding rehabilitation
- Firmer and flatter stomach muscles
- Improved overall body tone and fitness
- A whole body workout
About our Clinical Pilates Classes
- Time: 17:45-18:45 on Tuesdays and will run for 12 weeks
- Location: Stuidio 2 located on the top floor of the Fringe Lab above Eden Restaurant. Entrance to the studio is on Sycamore Street
- Cost of classes: 12 60 minute classes €180. Payment should be made in full in advance of the commencement of classes, either at the time of booking with our patient services team over the phone or on the first day of classes.
- Attendees should arrive 10 minutes in advance to fill out their registration form. Comfortable clothing should be worn and for hygiene reasons we require you to bring your own mat.
We offer beginner APPI Pilates classes which will be led by Chartered Physiotherapist Caitriona Newman starting on Tuesday 19th February. So do this sound like something you might be interested in? If you would like to sign up for these Pilates classes you can do so by clicking here.
If you are interested in commencing Pilates for your injury, it is essential to have a review with a physiotherapist to assess the suitability of a core stability program for you.